In this episode, Adam talks to Evan You the creator of Vue.js about advanced component design patterns, and using features like scoped slots and render functions to build components that are much more than just UI widgets.
- What is a "higher order component"?
- How do you replicate the render prop pattern from React with Vue?
- Using scoped slots to build components with no UI
- Using render functions without using JSX
- How Vue's built-in components like
<transition>work under the hood
- Codeship, check out how they performed in Forrester's latest Continuous Integration Tools report
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio to try their Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days
- Vue.js Homepage
- The Vue Point, the official Vue.js blog on Medium
- Higher-Order Components, from the React documentation
- "Use a Render Prop!" by Michael Jackson, an introduction to render prop components in React
- Scoped Slots documentation
- Render Functions documentation
- "Writing Abstract Components with Vue.js", tutorial on writing a render function component with Vue
- Fetch Component Demo, based on the component Evan describes in the podcast