A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.
In this episode, Adam and Jonathan continue their discussion about forms from episode 54, this time focusing on the complexities of validation.
In this episode, I talk to Noel Rappin about common mistakes developers make when handling payments on the web and how to fix them.
In this episode, Adam talks to Derrick Reimer about the technical challenges behind building and scaling Drip, a sophisticated email marketing automation platform.
In this episode, Adam talks to Wes Bos about how he seems to get so much done, why he built his own course platform, and growing an audience.
In this episode, Adam talks to Ian Landsman about shady marketing tactics that will turn your customers against you, and how to be more authentic with your marketing strategy.
In this episode, Adam talks to Jonathan Reinink about dealing with common headaches when working with everyone's favorite part of web development: forms.
In this episode, Adam talks to Kyle Fiedler of thoughtbot about common mistakes developers make with design, and some tips and tricks for making your designs look more professional.
In this episode, Adam and Taylor Otwell have a discussion about strategies they use to write cleaner, simpler code when working with the Laravel framework.
In this episode, Adam talks to Matt Wynne about Behavior Driven Development with Cucumber.
- What exactly is BDD?
- Is BDD a technical or non-technical practice?
- How do you get started with BDD?
- How do you keep the number of system tests low to keep your test suite fast?
- What's your strategy for dealing with external services in acceptance tests?
- What are the advantages of using Cucumber even as a solo developer working on a side project?
In this episode, Adam talks to Evan You about what's coming in Vue.js 2.0.
- The motivation for rewriting Vue.js from scratch
- What is a virtual DOM and what are the benefits?
- How does Vue.js 2.0 stack up performance wise? (spoiler alert, it's fast)
- When should you use templates vs. a render function?
- Why two-way props have been deprecated and what you should do instead
- Best practices for dealing with custom component events
- The 1.0 to 2.0 upgrade path
- Building native mobile applications with Vue.js and Weex
In this episode, Adam talks to Toran Billups about the test driven development workflow he uses to build Ember applications.