In this episode, Adam talks to Matt Wynne about Behavior Driven Development with Cucumber.
- What exactly is BDD?
- Is BDD a technical or non-technical practice?
- How do you get started with BDD?
- How do you keep the number of system tests low to keep your test suite fast?
- What's your strategy for dealing with external services in acceptance tests?
- What are the advantages of using Cucumber even as a solo developer working on a side project?
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio to try their Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days
- Hired, sign up at https://www.hired.com/fullstackradio to double your signing bonus to $2000 if you get a job through Hired
- Test Driven Laravel, Adam's upcoming video course
- Matt's Blog
- Matt's notes from Dan North's Awesome Acceptance Testing talk
- Cucumber School
- User Story Mapping
- Impact Mapping
- Introducing Example Mapping
- The Rails Testing Pyramid
- The Testing Iceberg
- The Deep Synergy Between Testability and Good Design talk by Michael Feathers
- The Training Wheels Came Off, Aslak Hellesøy on removing the built-in step definitions in Cucumber-Rails
- Cucumber Blog
- Cucumber on GitHub
- The Cucumber Book