- Why Basecamp is a "majestic monolith", and the impact of organizational shape and size on technical decision making in product development
- How ActionCable works, and where Basecamp 3 uses websockets that you might not expect
- Strategies for avoiding duplication in client-side and server-side code
- The automated testing strategy for Basecamp 3, and how it's influencing the future of testing in Rails 5
- Why Basecamp 3 has 179 controllers, and what you can learn from their approach that will clean up your codebase
This episode is brought to you by Laracasts.