In this episode, Adam talks to Ben Orenstein of thoughtbot about useful tips for writing the first few tests in your application and working your way down to the unit level by starting with acceptance tests. They also talk about why dependency injection has a bad rap in the Ruby world, and common mistakes Ben sees junior Rails developers make.
This episode is brought to you by Laracasts.
- Ben's blog
- DHH on "Dependency injection is not a virtue"
- A criticism of DHH's post on Dependency Injection
- Dependency Management in Rails on Upcase
- Refactoring by Martin Fowler
- Understanding the 4 Rules of Simple Design by Corey Haines
- Coupon link for 50% off your first month of Upcase
- Sponsored by Laracasts