In this episode, Adam talks to recurring guest Matt Machuga about tips and tricks that lead to better code.
They talk about bringing functional programming concepts to OO, simple patterns for cleaning up typical MVC web app code, and about how imposing crazy rules like banning conditionals and loops can lead to creative solutions that change the way you think about solving problems. They also get a little too excited about anonymous functions and compositional chains.
This episode is brought to you by Laracasts.
- Programming Elixir, from The Pragmatic Bookshelf
- Typed Clojure
- The Visitor Pattern, which is not at all what we talked about
- Adam's Refactoring Loops and Conditionals screencast
- Michael Feathers' post on compositional chains and guitar tab
- Pragmatic Studios Elm Course
- Radius CoWork in Erie, PA
- Sponsored by Laracasts