- What is Mirage and how does it work?
- What makes Mirage better than a dummy JSON server you run on another port?
- What makes Mirage better than running your actual API locally?
- Using Mirage for actual development, and not just for your test suite
- How Mirage's internal ORM works, and how it can help you mirror your API's behavior more quickly
- Managing the risks of maintaining a complex stub of your real API with Mirage and keeping them in sync
- What's next for Mirage
Supporting the show
I decided to stop taking sponsors for the show because I think advertisements are annoying and no one wants to listen to them.
If you do want to support the show, the best way to do it is to pick up one of my books or courses:
- Refactoring UI, a book and video series I put together with Steve Schoger on designing beautiful user interfaces, without relying on a designer.
- Advanced Vue Component Design, a course on designing simpler, more flexible Vue components that are both more powerful and easier to maintain.
- Test-Driven Laravel, a massive video course on designing robust Laravel applications with TDD. Learn how to build a real-world application from scratch without writing a single line of untested code.
- Refactoring to Collections, a book and video course that teaches you how to apply functional programming principles to break down ugly, complex code into simple transformations — free of loops, complex conditionals, and temporary variables.