In this episode, Adam talks to Evan You about all of the changes and improvements coming to Vue.js 3.0.
- What were the first feature/change ideas that got the wheels turning for Vue 3
- How Vue's underlying VNode data structure is changing and how that affects users who work directly with render functions
- How the h function works in Vue 3 and how it helps you write code that's more composable
- How many breaking changes are just removing deprecations vs. hard breaks and how a compatibility build is going to ease the upgrade process
- The new template compiler and how it will drastically increase performance
- What were the goals of the class-based component API and why was it cancelled?
- The new composition API and how it will help you write more reusable logic without the downsides of mixins or scoped slots
- A deep-dive into reactive vs. refs in the composition API
- How the composition API compares to hooks in React
- How provide/inject is being improved for Vue 3
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
- DigitalOcean, get your free \$50 credit at do.co/fullstack