In this episode, Adam talks to Aaron Gustafson about authoring semantic HTML in the context of web applications, where choosing the right element can be a lot more complicated than it seems.
- Can you have more than one "h1" on page?
- How important is heading order?
- Why not everything that looks like a heading should necessarily be a heading
- Why you may want to include invisible headings in some situations
- What the document outline is and how your use of headings impacts it
- How to make your heading levels dynamic to make your components more flexible
- What a "sectioning context" is
- Can you have multiple "article" elements on one page?
- What even is an "article" anyways?
- How to use elements like "section" and "aside" properly
- Should navigation items be in lists?
- Why Aaron can't remember the last time he used a "span"
- DigitalOcean, get your free $50 credit at do.co/fullstack
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free