In this episode, Adam talks to Caleb Porzio about Livewire, a new library he's working on that lets you build interactive user interfaces using server-side code.
- Pain points you run into when you are working in a JS based UI instead of a server-rendered UI
- What Livewire is and where the inspiration came from
- How Livewire lets you build interactive user interfaces with server-side code
- The challenges of stateful long-running processes in PHP and using stateless AJAX requests as an alternative
- Walking through a worked example of using Livewire to build an interactive dropdown
- What's next for Livewire
- ImageCon, Cloudinary's upcoming conference for any developer who works with rich media. Get 15% off using the code FULLSTACKRADIO15.
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio and install Rollbar in your app to receive a $100 gift card for Open Collective
- Full Stack Radio T-Shirt + Sticker Pack Pre-orders
- Caleb's blog, loaded with great Livewire content
- No Plans to Merge, Caleb's podcast
- Sharing Data in a Laravel/Vue Application on the Zaengle blog
- Embrace the Backend, Caleb's talk at Laracon 2018
- Phoenix LiveView unveiling at ElixirConf 2018
- Sign up for Livewire updates