In this episode, Adam and Steve Schoger answer listener questions about UI design, and share all of the details about their upcoming book and design resource Refactoring UI.
- What's your process for getting started on a new design?
- How do you make your designs feel original?
- How do you choose fonts for a new project?
- How do you make complex tables look good, and how do you make them work on mobile?
- What's the best way to style multiple secondary actions on a page?
Refactoring UI topics include:
- Structuring the book to make it easy to read in a short amount of time
- An overview of the sections and chapters in the book
- What's covered in the screencasts
- How the included color palettes are designed and why they are more useful than the color palettes you're used to generating online
- What the font recommendation guide includes and how it's organized
- Details about the included icon set
- What's inside the component gallery, and how it's meant to be used
- The release date! 🎉
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio and install Rollbar in your app to receive a $100 gift card for Open Collective
- Oh Dear!, sign up with the coupon code "FULLSTACKRADIO" to get 50% off your first month