In this episode Adam talks to Ben Orenstein about the common mistakes people make when working on a new project that prevent them from getting it to the finish line.
- Why deadlines are critical
- Using manual processes to avoid building features entirely
- How launching a stripped down version of your idea can help you build the right thing
- Recognizing when you don't need to solve a problem yet
- Why you shouldn't design your entire UI up front
- How evolutionary design applies to both code and interface design
- Why you should always finish a feature before starting the next one
- Applying this approach to Ben's current project Tuple
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio and install Rollbar in your app to receive a $100 gift card for Open Collective
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
- The Art of Product, Ben's podcast
- Tuple, Ben's current project
- "You Should Take a Codecation"
- Trailmix.life, Ben's first codecation SaaS
- Briefs.fm, Ben's second codecation SaaS
- Nomadlist, by Pieter Levels
- Airline List
- Basecamp 6 week cycles
- "How we structure our work and teams at Basecamp"
- "What six weeks of work looks like" (at Basecamp)
- "Making Sense of MVP", by Henrik Kniberg